These injuries occur at any points in your life: you could be popping out for your shopping when something happens and the next thing you know your life is changed forever.
Anyone who has been involved in a collision or assault will no doubt have their life changed; even if the injury is minor, the psychological impact may be felt forever. Specialist legal advice is crucial, however, when dealing with life-changing injuries. These injuries can include but are not limited to:
- Spinal Cord Injuries – e.g.: paraplegia, tetraplegia;
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – sometimes classed as severe, moderate or mild;
- Serious Orthopaedic Injuries – e.g.: multiple fractures or joint replacements;
- Psychological injuries – e.g.: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Chronic/Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
All specialist Solicitors listed have a long history (at least 10 years) of representing clients who have suffered life-changing injuries and are passionate about ensuring that not only the right settlement is achieved but appreciate that this is purely a financial goal for the case, most clients who have suffered a life-changing injury need help to get the rehabilitation and support they need to live the most fulfilling and independent life as possible.
All specialist Solicitors on this site will provide free initial, no obligation advice on whether you have prospects of a case. If so, and you choose to instruct this specialist Solicitor they can provide practical support from Day 1 which include;
- A bespoke Case Plan – this will include requesting an early interim payment to help with financial and rehabilitation needs;
- A Rehabilitation Plan – this will include arranging an assessment by a healthcare professional in terms of all rehabilitation, housing, care, transport, employment or educational needs;
- Liaising with the clinical team to discuss treatment and discharge where necessary to ensure your needs are being met;
- A dedicated legal team led by the specialist Solicitor to ensure you have access to support and advice when you need it;
- Liaising with your Family Liaison Officer where appropriate;
- Co-ordinating any media statements where necessary;
- Introducing families to charitable support groups;
- Liaising with any debtors to arrange agreed deferred payments or similar during periods of financial hardship;
- Assistance with benefit applications
All specialist Solicitors on this site aim to offer a 0% success fee on all civil cases and do not take a success fee deduction from your compensation; however, due to Government legislation there are two exceptions listed below:
– As a result of an intentional criminal act resulting in an application for compensation with the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) as your legal fees are not covered in this application;
– As a result of an injury being caused by the actions of an untraced driver resulting in a claim against the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) as your full legal fees are not covered in this claim.